STRESS-PROOF YOUR KIDSDon't wait for stress to affect your family's health and well-being. | taught by Lori Petro & Elizabeth Walther, LCSW
Stress is a part of life - even for kids.But how well do you and your kids handle tough times?
- Do you know how to recover from frustration?
- Or do you let stress ruin your entire day?
- Do you or your kids have short fuses?
- Does EVERY little thing turn into drama?
Kids come into the world pre-programmed with the resources to manage just enough stress to survive. With us by their side, they slowly develop the capacity to take on more of life's challenges.
As parents, we can either add to, take away from or neglect their emerging tool-kit. Teaching kids how to recognize the signals their bodies send, and to connect their emotions to their thoughts are a couple of ways to safeguard their emotional health.
But what does it mean to stress-proof your kids?
Learn how to protect your children from the damaging effects of toxic stress so they can confidently navigate the ups and downs of life.
In this a 90 minute audio seminar, you will learn exercises and strategies to help you regulate anger, reduce stress, expand your tolerance and improve your child's behavior!
You'll learn to notice and process stress BEFORE you become explosive.
This course will show you:
- Why kids overreact and test limits with "defiance."
- What stresses kids out and how to set up a protective barrier.
- What "kid stress" looks like - physically and emotionally.
- How to create "body intelligence" so you can calm and reset your nervous system.
- Practical exercises to help your kids recognize their body signals & communicate their feelings.
- Stress regulation tools for the whole family.
to diminish the negative impact with mindful tools.
Enhancing your ability to respond to conflict and modeling positive coping skills are the secrets
to raising emotionally healthy kids who can manage themselves - even during stressful times.
Download this program and learn how to stress-proof your entire family.
Lori is a certified parent educator and Mom on the spectrum who has helped thousands of parents find peace in their homes. She holds a bachelors in Education and founded TEACH through Love as a vehicle to help heal multi-generational cycles of fractured family relationships by providing parents with a new framework for conscious parenting and communication.
Elizabeth is a licensed therapist who provides individual, family, couple and group psychotherapy, as well as trainings about stress-proofing kids, body intelligence sexual abuse awareness and prevention and understanding trauma. She is currently the counseling and advocacy program supervisor for the Fleet and Family Support Center in Catania, Italy.